• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing on different sized paper

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When setting up for printing out of PSE 2018 Editor under paper size it shows a selection of sizes and in addition at the bottom it says "User Defined". I want to print on a paper size 8" x 7". How do I set up to print on this different sized paper?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/W+in+White+rock  wrote

When setting up for printing out of PSE 2018 Editor under paper size it shows a selection of sizes and in addition at the bottom it says "User Defined". I want to print on a paper size 8" x 7". How do I set up to print on this different sized paper?

Open Editor , expert tab

Go to File>Print. In the dialog that  opens, look for "More Options", then "Custom Print Size"

Enter the dimensions to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Editor , expert tab

Go to File>Print. In the dialog that  opens, look for "More Options", then "Custom Print Size"

Enter the dimensions to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hatstead but that only changes the image size to be printed on the standard sized paper. What I wanted was to print  on a specific size paper, (8 x 7) an 8 x 7 image. For example in Microsoft Word besides the standard sized paper you can enter a specific custom sized paper. Can it also be done in Elements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my version of word, 8x7 is not listed among the defaults. To get there I have to access printer properties and specify this size under “user defined.”

If the procedure delineated In my prior post does not work for you, suggest that you print the images via Word.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to find how to specify an odd ball size of paper. After opening up the print menu in Elements Expert if you click on the page setup near the bottom left the printer properties menu come up. If you click on the paper size drop down menu you get all the paper sizes AND User Defined. If you click on that User Defined option you get another menu where you can put in any paper size. For some strange reason you just can’t print “borderless” with the oddball paper sizes.

Thanks very much for your help … without your reply I wouldn’t have found the answer.

Cheers,

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That really doesn’t answer my problem. I understand how to make different sized prints on a specific paper like 81/2 x 11 or 13 x 19 but can you specify an odd ball paper size like 7 x 8??? Under the media specifications it lists several standard sizes and then at the bottom “user defined”. How do you specify or “define” a specific size?

Thanks

Wayne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you come this dialog if you follow the directions? What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This menu is for the print size not paper size. For example you have a 8” x 12” image file, with this dialog you can change the size to 4” x 6” or to any other equivalent proportional size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This menu is for the print size not paper size. For example you have a 8” x 12” image file, with this dialog you can change the size to 4” x 6” or to any other equivalent proportional size.

I respectfully disagree. To change image size, go to Image menu>Resize>Image size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK but my original question was not how to change image size … I was aware how to do that, it was how to change media, (paper) size to a non-standard size! That is somewhat more complicated however now I know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome. Glad to help.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W? I'm having the same problem. How did you find out how to do this? Been trial and erroring it into a real headache. Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I should also say, I'm using a 16" x 100' roll. I found a 16" x 20" print size in settings, but its orientation is reversed and thinks I have a 20" roll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines