• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing problem

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print images from my iMac to my Canon iP8750 the results are paler than the colourful images on screen. What should I do?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

1. Most likely the monitor is too bright. You can adjust the brightness setting manually. There are also external monitor calibration devices made for this purpose. 

2. I suggest that you print via the Editor, not via the Organizer, as the print engines are not the same.

3. In Editor, go to Image menu>mode and check RGB color ,

4. In Editor, go to Edit menu>Color settings> and check "Optimize for Computer Screens"

5. In Editor, go to File>print >More Options>Color Management tab>Color Handling>P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Most likely the monitor is too bright. You can adjust the brightness setting manually. There are also external monitor calibration devices made for this purpose. 

2. I suggest that you print via the Editor, not via the Organizer, as the print engines are not the same.

3. In Editor, go to Image menu>mode and check RGB color ,

4. In Editor, go to Edit menu>Color settings> and check "Optimize for Computer Screens"

5. In Editor, go to File>print >More Options>Color Management tab>Color Handling>Printer Manages Color

6. Use genuine Canon ink and paper. ICC Profiles - PIXMA Professional Photo Printers - Canon Cyprus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hatstead, that seems to have done the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome. Which of the suggestions provided the remedy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, Hatstead.

If I may I'll take it point by point.

1. I'm interested in this, does the brightness of the screen affect the data from the jpg file being read by the printer. I understand that my Mac screen adjusts itself depending on the ambient lighting. I'm not sure how this would affect the saturation on the print.

2. Yes, I was using Editor

3. Yes, I had checked RGB

4. I had it set at "Always optimise for printing" as per Scott Kelby's book on PSE 2020 p354

5. I had gone through the "More Options" button and this is where the trouble lay, I fear. Having tried various settings to correct the problem, and just scrambled it. Getting this right was a significant move.

6. Yes I always use original Canon inks and papers for my Pixma iP8750 A3 printer.

I've used it for nearly 2 years now without any problems. I think that the original problem was the result of a couple of empty cartridges, which are now replaced. I firstly went to Canon with the problem without successs before I compromised the print settings which you kindly led me through.

In my defence, as an octogenarian, I can manage fine when things are doing what they should, but when problems occur the limitations of my knowledge are cruelly exposed. So thank you again for getting me back on the straight and narrow. I hope these notes are of some help to you.

Merry Christmas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS

I thought that you would be interested in the following.

I inspected yesterday's prints in daylight and saw that there was horizontal banding, so I had another go today with a few changes

1.  I reverted to "Always optimise for printing"

2. I went in Editor to Print>print>layout>colour options where I could by using the sliders adjust the colours and brightness. In my previous mess this facility was greyed-out.

3. Result - perfect print

Thanks again, for your invaluable help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the screen brightness, I think that if it is too bright, the starting "reference point" is flawed and subsequent manipulations (levels, brightness/contrast, etc.) are based on this.

Anyway, glad that the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About:

4. I had it set at "Always optimise for printing" as per Scott Kelby's book on PSE 2020 p354

Keep in mind that this color setting is completely ignored when your photos have a supported color profile, which is the case for photos from a digital camera or phone except for raw files (they have no color profile).

ColorSetting-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, which colour setting do you mean that I should ignore, screen or printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines