• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prints are too dark after update to Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from Photoshop Elements 8 to Photoshop Elements 2020. I am using the same printer, the same paper. and the same print settings as before, but my prints are coming out darker than before. I did, however, also recently update my OS to Catalina (10.15.6). I am hoping I don't have to adjust every single one of my images. I hope somebody has some ideas.

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

They key was (drum roll)... I needed a NEW PRINTER DRIVER, after updating my Mac OS to Catalina (10.15.6).

Thank you for responding, Greg. Yes, I had already done all that, and had made sure the settings were still the same as when I was using older version of Photoshop Elements.

I found the number for Adobe Customer Care (800) 833-6687, and they were great. They had me print same file from a different application, and it was still printing too dark. So they said it had to do with the OS, not wit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say you are using the same settings as before, have you tried using the More options to adjust whether the printer or the program manages the color?  Try changing that.   You may also need to adjust the printer settings to make sure everything is consistent.  Sometimes, there can be a conflict and you end up with double color management.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.07.22_00h55m12s_000_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They key was (drum roll)... I needed a NEW PRINTER DRIVER, after updating my Mac OS to Catalina (10.15.6).

Thank you for responding, Greg. Yes, I had already done all that, and had made sure the settings were still the same as when I was using older version of Photoshop Elements.

I found the number for Adobe Customer Care (800) 833-6687, and they were great. They had me print same file from a different application, and it was still printing too dark. So they said it had to do with the OS, not with the app. Before calling Epson (my printer manufacturer) I looked online to see if there were newer printer drivers, and voilá, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines