Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem converting catalog from PSD 4.0 to PSE 2021

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am upgrading to PSE 2021 from PSE 4.0 (yes, it's been a while!).

I've done a Full Backup of the content on the old computer (WinXP running PSE4.0) to an eternal hard drive and have then plugged the external drive into the the new PC (Win10 running PSE 2021) and run Restore Catalog.

The restoration has worked except for the fact that the old catalog (*.psa format) has not been converted to the new PSE 2021 format (I believe the filename should be *.pseXXdb). It simply created a new *.psa file.

Additionally, if I point PSE 2021 (via Manage Catalogs) at the *.psa file, it cannot "see" it.

I have read all the help files and many posts on this forum about catalog issues, but to no avail.

Am I missing a step somewhere or are the PSE 4.0 catalogs unable to be read/restored by PSE 2021?

Any help would be much appreciated as I am trying not to lose years of careful cataloguing of various photos.

Regards,

Chris

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

There is a utility to convert your older catalog to a newer version.  See this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a utility to convert your older catalog to a newer version.  See this page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greg,

Thankyou! That was exactly the step I was looking for.

The utility converted the PSE 4.0 catalog to PSE13, and then PSE2021 converted that to the current format.

I've now got an issue with re-connecting files, but I should be able to sort that out.

Thanks again,

Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines