• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem DeRegistering Photoshop Elements 12

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have finally got around to upgrading my Windows PC to a high spec MacBook Pro and wanted to transfer my license for PE12.

Ive read all the online guidance I've found;  there isnt an option in this version to just click on de-register but the consensus seems to be to sign out, which I've done.  But when I try to register/activate  the software on my Mac I just  message that says the license is already registered.

Any ideas please?  I'm tearing my hair out here.  I can buy a new license if I really need to as it isn't that expensive but I really shouldn't have to.  I only use PE a couple of times a year. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
Click here https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Also - beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
https://community.adobe.com/t5/community-help/avoid-phishing-3-easy-ways-to-identify-adobe-staff/td-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, thanks but I've gone through all that and just going around in circles - it essentially just says to logout (of the old machine) which I've done, but to no avail.

Appreciate the advice about private messages and scammers, thank you.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your new Mac has OS 10.15 (Catalina) PSE12 would not normally install due to the 32bit installers which are incompatible with Catalina. Also do you have a Windows only licence or did you originally purchased the boxed edition with disks for both platforms?

I would suggest that a shiny new Mac would benefit from the latest software. Why not download the trial version (it’s the same as the full version) and use it free for 30 days. That provides time for you to give the software a good test on your new computer. If you do decide to purchase there is no need to re-install simply activate the trial with a new serial number to make it permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well I do have the boxed version but in light of what you say about Catalina compatibility issues I think that is good advice to get the latest version so that's what I'll do.

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines