• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem importing Raw files

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer import Raw files to Adobe Elements 2019, either from a card reader or from elsewhere on my computer. This is the error message:

The file is damaged or is in a format that cannot be included in Elements Organiser … 793.CR2

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Can you see PSE 2019 in Program Files?

If not, download and install from the link below and activate with your PSE 2019 serial number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Hi. You solved it for me! I think the problem was that I had not uninstalled Elements 11 so had two versions running on my computer and had tried to import the RAW files into v11. I have now uninstalled it, so I hope not to pester you any further. Thanks for all your help.

Trevor 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Canon camera was used to create the CR2 file?

Here is a list of supported models.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me. My Camera is an EOS 7D Mark II.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?  Try resetting the preferences file. For Windows, immediately after launching the Organizer, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I do use Windows. I tried your tip but the key combination you suggest brings up the Catalog Manager not the preferences file. Is there anything else I could try?

Thanks again,

Trevor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem only with the Organizer? If you launch the Editor and start from the Expert workspace what happens if you click the menu:

File >> Open

Then browse to a CR2 file to open.

Does the camera raw dialog open?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the photos but cannot open individual photos. I get the following error message:

"Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw. Please visit the Camera Raw help documentation for additional information."

Which I don't understand because I imported some photos from the same camera a couple of months ago. 

I did have the same problem last year which I thought I'd solved by upgrading to Elements 2019 from version 11!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the plug-in from the Editor menu:

Help >> About Plugin >> Camera Raw

What version is installed?

Press ESC to close the pop-up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something is not right here.  Elements 2019 has ACR version 11.4.  Your camera requires only 8.7.  Have you tried resetting the preferences file as I suggested?  In the Editor, go to Edit>Preferences>General tab and click the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it and got the same error message as before. What I did notice though was that the pop-up box with the message said Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Can that be right? I used to have Version 11 - it was on CD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see PSE 2019 in Program Files?

If not, download and install from the link below and activate with your PSE 2019 serial number.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You solved it for me! I think the problem was that I had not uninstalled Elements 11 so had two versions running on my computer and had tried to import the RAW files into v11. I have now uninstalled it, so I hope not to pester you any further. Thanks for all your help.

Trevor 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. Glad you are now working ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always been able to import RAW files from my Canon 30D into my laptop Elements by cable.  I just bought a Canon 90D and a Canon data transfer cable, but when I use the same procedure I see "No valid files found".    Help, please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Dana C. Bryan, what version of Elements do you have? Your new camera requires Adobe Camera Raw 11.4.  Elements 2019 is the earliest version that supports that ACR.  If you have Elements 2019, make sure that it has been updated.  (Look at Help>Updates to see if there is an available update OR look under Help>About Plug-in>Camera Raw to see which version is installed.)

If you have an earlier version of Elements, you will either have to upgrade your program or use the free Adobe DNG file converter to convert your new camera raw files to the DNG format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines