Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in grid view of Elements Organizer

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

in Elements Organizer 2019, some normal media files (JPG, AVI, etc.) are not correctly shown and a sort of "broken" icon is shown. You can see an example in the attached file.

I didn't manage in changing any option to allow Organizer to view it.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot,
Iacopo.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the source of the files? Phone/camera model?  If a phone, were the photos/videos sent via an app like WhatsApp or Messenger? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, typically via Whatsapp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known problem with files from WhatsApp and similar apps.  They are not formatted in a standard way for jpgs.  The solution is to open and save them in another simple software, such as the Windows Photos application. (If you use that, you need to do a Save As to save the file.)  I believe you can even do it by opening the file in the Elements Editor using the File>Open as Camera Raw command.  Simply save the file as a jpg and the file will be formatted correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines