• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem reinstalling Elements 11 after computer crash

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our computer with my copy of Elements 11 update for Windows died in an impressive event involving burning capacitors.  We have a new computer but can't transfer anything from the old one, so I can't download my copy of Elements 11 because I get a message that the computer is lacking some necessary files.  After contacting Adobe and getting passed around by customer support, I have been instructed to ask for help in the forum.  Now what?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"so I can't download my copy of Elements 11 because I get a message that the computer is lacking some necessary files"  Where are you trying to download it from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We upgraded from Elements 8 to Elements 11 on the old computer and I have the email with the original link to download the update.  I am allowed to download the update to another computer but the new computer, of course, doesn't have Elements 8 on it since we can't access the old, dead computer.  I have been in contact with 2 separate Adobe reps who say they can't help me but some tech person might read the forum posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the one Adobe person confirmed that I needed the missing files in order to download the update that I bought from Adobe in 2013.  Her suggestion was to uninstall Element 11 on the new computer which, of course, doesn't have Elements 11 on it because I can't download the update until I get the missing files.  No one an tell me what files are missing but I assume they are Element 8.  I am thoroughly frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's been a long day.  The old computer died with an impressive show of burned capacitors so there is no way we can transfer anything from the old computer to the new- that woud have been the easiest thing to do but not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point I suggest you share the complete error message, leaving nothing out. A screen shot may be best. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need for a screenshot because it is all in English.  Here is the entire mesage: The file archive part of Photoshop Elements 11 is missing. You need all parts in the same folder in order to extract Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Please download all parts.  This appears after I click on the link Download.exe for Element 11 in my account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that helps a gret deal! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 11 is now successfully reinstalled.  Thank you for all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help, Adele.  Have a happy New Year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines