• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with pencil in masks

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest versions of Photoshop Elements 2020 (18.0 / 139570) have since short the following problem:
using a mask and trying to make adaptations with pencil the changes do not appear where they should, or do not appear at all. Reinstalled the product but result the same.

This looks like the problem as known in Photoshop and corrected with version December 2019 1.1.

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I can't figure out what the problem is. Please be more specific. Can you provide a screen shot?

2. Are you working with Photoshop Elements or with Photoshop? You reference both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me be more specific. We use Ph. Elements (and Premiere), but found a mention of the same problem in Photoshop comments. Re Photoshop December 2019-release (version 1.1) bugs solved (I translate):

- pencil strokes: non-intentional pencil strokes  appear during masking or pencil strokes do not appear on the place or the time they should appear.

That is exactly the problem I suddenly face in Elements. It worked fine till short time ago. I could make a screenshot showing the  cursor in position A and a corrective circle somwhere, anywhere. Sometimes you see a correction in the mask, but not at all in the image. A screenshot won't clarify much, but I would try to demonstrate something if you wish.

I have removed and reinstalled my 2020 version of Elements twice meanwhile; that does not change anything or resolve the problem.
Thanks for your attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's start with the 'pencil tool'.

This tool is used to draw lines, and I have never seen it associated with masking. Since you mention "I translate", I presume you are not in an English version of PSE. Perhaps you are using another painting tool like a brush?

The possible link with a similar feature in Photoshop is worth checking: could you find a link to that discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding. The word pencil should be brush. I'm working in a dutch version. Found however the photoshop document: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html, re the bug under brushing in dec 2019 version 1.1 release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

New problem: photoshop does not start up anymore. Organizer en premiere start correctly, photoshop hangs and after a while the black line disappears without having started the workspace.

2020-10-15_103710 startup problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines