• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Plug-ins

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 with Photoshop Elements 15 and 18 (2020) installed.  

I am trying to install the free version of the Nik collection into PSE 2020 but only 3 parts, out of 7, have loaded Analog Efect Pro 2, Color Efect Pro 4 and Viveza 2. On opening PSE I get the message one or more plug-ins are currently not available on your system. For details see Help – System Info.   

Define 2, Selective 2, Sharpener Pro 2, Silver Efex Pro 2 did not load!!

There is a .8bf file inside each of the individual folders for each of the problem plug-ins?

I uninstalled Nik Collection and then reinstalled but sadly things have not changed.

Any help in resolving this issue would be much appreciated.

All works fine in ver 15.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the entire Google folder or DXO folder (whichever you have) from Plugins in PSE 15 to Plugins in PSE 2020?

See image below.

DXO.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear 99jon,

Thank you for taking the time to assist me.

I have copied the entire  Google folder but with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, I used the installer and all plug-ins are available for me.  In looking at my 2020 plug-ins folder, there are only shortcut links back to the Google folder:

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.07_12h49m54s_000_.png

However, having said that, I recently wanted to reinstall some other plug-ins and ran into problems.  I ended up using the Preferences dialog to add a folder location for plug-ins.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.07_12h53m22s_005_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Greig_S,

Thank you for taking the time to assist me.

I followed your suggestion of going to Preferences and loading Plug-ins from there but unfortunately with no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Greig_S

Just an Update and a thank you…

I had already tried copying the files from my PSE 15 plugins to PSE 2020 plugins but that didn’t seem to work or I didn’t do it right as I still got the message that one or more plugins was not currently available.

Nothing I tried seemed to be working for me and I was getting a bit confused so decided to start from the beginning again and deleted the NIK files from my PSE 2020 plugins.

I noticed that there was a Google Folder in my Program Files inside of which was a NIK collection folder so I copied and pasted it into my PSE 2020 plugins and then opened PSE to see if that worked. I still got the message I got originally to the effect that one or more plugins was not currently available etc…

So I followed your instructions again this time going to Edit – Preferences – Plugins – and checked the Additional Plug-Ins Folder and pointed to C:\Program Files\Google\NIK Collection  and that has worked.

Many thanks again for your help in this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Greg, got to add another kudo.  I just installed the PSE 2020 disc and then tried to load in the Google NIK.  NIK loaded in, but several of its filters were missing. After fiddling around for a while, without success, I Googled "photoshop elements 2020 nik dfine," and upcame this thread.  The rest is history as I now have a fully functioning PSE2020 with NIK.  Again, much thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines