• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with PS Elements 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent already 5 or 6 hours to chat with several Adobe consultants (French and English) for a recurrent problem I have with PS Elements 2021. I work on Windows 10. After editing some tens of images, the system stops and does not want to launch anymore. I have to uninstall and reinstall it. It’s take about half an hour. It’s boring. I give up... I cannot spend every day one hour with a consultant. I'll go uninstalling and reinstalling PS Elements, but it's not a solution. I never had this problem with the anterior version. 

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michel,

Is it the same problem ?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/photoshop-elements-2021-editor-does-not-launch-any...

If so, an uninstal followed by a reinstall solved the issue for me.

In my case, whatever way I used to start the editor failed : the 'loading" line shows and disappears after about ten seconds, then vanishes completely, without any sign of the exe of the editor showing in the task manager on my Windows 10.

Also, you have also a Creative Cloud account or did you uninstal the one installed with PSE2021 to allow saving files 'in the Adobe Cloud' ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks the same problem... I use only One Drive cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was prompted to install Creative Cloud yesterday. In view of these cautionary posts, I shall defer for now.

Are there instructions and tech notes? I have a new desktop with Windows 10. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hatstead I don't know if something has been changed in the installation file for PSE2021. I have installed it on my computer and on my wife's computer and I have never been prompted to install the Creative Cloud. It was skipped on my computer since I already have a subcription, and installed automatically on my wife's computer.

If you are not sure, the benefits are not obvious and you can uninstal and reinstal later if you wish.

I'll look for tech notes a little later, be patient...

Edit:

About the free version of Creative Cloud

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

About the new feature (previewed ???) in PSE2021:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/save-to-cloud.html

If the advantages are not significant for you, the drawbacks are minimal in terms of speed and computer resources. The other issues mentioned in recent posts apply to suspected bugs resulting in the editor not launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks the same problem... I use only One Drive cloud...

If you store your files in the OneDrive folder (like me for a part of my pictures) that has nothing to do with the issue.

The fact that you have uninstalled and reinstalled with no result does not confirm it's the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem.  I want my money back.  How to get it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines