• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with raw in Element 2020 Olympus

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Elements 2020 and can not get camera raw version 12.4 installed 12.0.0.321. Update is gray and not available,
the file i downloaded is ver 12.4 and it installs apparently ok but when i look in the help it is still ver. 12.0.0.321

TOPICS
Download and install , Import and export , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

There is no version 12.4 for Elements. The version you have downloaded is for the full Photoshop and will not work with Elements which is still at version 12 as you have seen.

As a new version of Elements is expected within one month or so, it's possible it will have the 12.4 version but nobody who knows is allowed to say. Anyway don't expect any update for PSE2020.

The usual advice is to download the free Adobe DNGconverter (version 12.4).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or-why-won-t-my-raw-files-open/td-p/4303022?page=1

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no version 12.4 for Elements. The version you have downloaded is for the full Photoshop and will not work with Elements which is still at version 12 as you have seen.

As a new version of Elements is expected within one month or so, it's possible it will have the 12.4 version but nobody who knows is allowed to say. Anyway don't expect any update for PSE2020.

The usual advice is to download the free Adobe DNGconverter (version 12.4).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

That standalone software (not a plugin) can convert a whole folder of your raw files to the DNG format that your PSE2020 can read and edit in the ACR converter. An additional batch operation, but free and with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for the answer, then I will use converter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines