• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing raw files

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed my camera from a Nikon 750 to a Nikon Z6 11 and also upgraded from Elements 15 to Elements 2021. I used to be able to import raw files into Elements from my Nikon 750 and I can see and use those raw files in the 2021 organiser but I cannot import new raw files from my Z6 11. I keep getting a message saying file is corrupted or not supported. The files are ok as I can open them in Nikons software. I can import JPEG files from my Z6 11 so not sure what to do. Help please

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just read that a camera matching profile is not yet available for a Z6 11. Can anyone advise when it will be available please as that should solve my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's normal. The Z6 II is too new. It takes some time for Adobe and other raw files converters to be updated to the new raw format of any new camera.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/faq-will-photoshop-elements-work-with-my-camera-or...

As explained in this doc, the Z6 II camera requires the ACR 13.1 version, which is not yet available for Elements 2021.

So, your only free solutions are to:

- use the Nikon software to convert your files to the tiff or psd format

- download the free Adobe DNGconverter 13.1 mentioned in the above faq.

The DNG converter is an independent software which is used to batch convert the proprietary raw format to the Adobe DNG open raw format that PSE2021 or older versions can read and edit. An additional batch step, but free and with the same quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw plug-in installer (adobe.com)

I'm downloading 13.1 right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BobFair 

I have just read that a camera matching profile is not yet available for a Z6 11. Can anyone advise when it will be available please as that should solve my problem

Your problem is the same as for other buyers or new camera models. It takes time to create new camera raw support for a given model. And it takes further time to create a new version for Elements after the full Photoshop version is released. That full Photoshop version is available as well as the DNGconverter, but while Photoshop is a subscription which is regularly updated, Elements is not, it is updated in new versions (the future PSE 2022...) or perhaps in an update of 2021. But nobody can tell if and when that may happen. Those who know can't say (under NDA), those who say can't know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help Michel. Valuable lesson for me I just assumed that the current version would support current cameras but obviously not the case. I have downloaded the converter and that seems to work. I will do my homework in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Glenn 8675309, you have linked the download to the Photoshop CC plug-in.  There is a workaround to copy the Camera Raw.8bi plug-in file to the Elements plug-in folder.  But because of the changes in the architecture to ACR 13, I don't think it works in this case.  At least - I have been unable to get it to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's interesting, never really payed and attention-- just figured raw is raw for whatever program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines