• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems uploading photos to Elements 12

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I normally upload my JPEG photos to Elements 12 with no issues but I have a batch of photos which look perfectly normal on my Mac and open perfectly in Documents and are saved as normal JPEGS, but which generate an Error message when I try to upload them onto Elements 12. Message says: "Could not complete  your request because a SOFn, DQT or DHT JPEG marker is missing before a JPEG SOS marker."Any advice gratefully received, thanks! Ive tried re-saving them and re-naming them but with no success. Some of the same batch upload and the other half dont! AAARGH!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the 'special' jpegs are coming from Whatsapp or another social media, this is a known issue. Those sites do store non-standard information in the metadata header (description part) of each jpeg. Advanced editors like Elements comply with the standards and don't open those files for your safety. Basic photo editors totally ignore those metadata fields.

Two know solutions:

- open the file with any of the free image editors on your system and resave them. That should be enough to allow PSE to open the resaved copies. If that does not work, save in other formats like png or gif;  there may be an option to save without exif data.

- In Elements, use the menu File >> Open in camera raw. The jpeg should open in the ACR converstion dialog and you can click on 'Open' button to get the file in the normal pixel editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines