Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems using Elements 12 with new 4K monitor

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I have Photoshop Elements 12 which I am now attempting to run on Windows 10 with a new 4K monitor, and have encountered the UI display problems commonly reported, but which I was not aware of prior to the purchase of my new monitor. I have searched for potential solutions such as th eoften recommended

Edit/Preferences/Display & Cursors/High Density Displays: Change UI Scale Factor from "Automatic" to "200%".

Unfortunately, the "High Density Displays" option is not there in Elements 12 - I guess it must have been introduced in a later version of Elements.

My question is specifically related to Elements 12. Is there any way for me to change the size of the UI in Elements 12  in order for it to be compatible with my 4K monitor - preferably without having to resort to Windows 10 registry changes?

I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you buy new hardware or software such as computers, systems, printers, monitors and cameras, it often needs a paid upgrade to new software. Not what you want to hear I expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for th ereply.

Not really! Particularly since I have only just purchased this version - brand new, unopened and fully licensed. I already had my 4K monitor.

I take it that this means that there isn't really a solution that you are aware of other than to upgrade to a later version of Elements? In which case, a couple of supplementary questions, if you are able to help.

1. Is there an upgrade path for Adobe Elements, or will it simply be a case of discarding my Elements version 12 and purchasing a brand new version? 

2. Which version of Elements introduced the option to change the UI scale (to 200%), since I am likely to be able to obtain a brand new (& licensed) previous version of Elements at a lower price than that of Elements 20. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ability to support the 200% viewing factor was indroduced in PSE13.1.

For the organizer, you simply set your Windows display preference to something like 150% for fonts. This will apply to all other softwares. Right click on an empty part of the display and choose 'display settings'. For the editor, there is no other solution than setting the display resolution to a lower value (screen resolution).

If you have bought and registered an older version of PSE, you can buy the 'upgrade version' with 20% rebate, it's just a matter of price, same version. You can also shop around to find better promotional prices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for your reply and the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines