• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems using shape tool in Photoshop elements (don't want bevel)

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tutorials I've watched, when they draw a rectangle, a simple filled rectangle is created. When I try the same thing it draws the rectangle with a bevel (which I don't want). I look in the bevel menu, but I don't see an option for no bevel. I've also learned how to make the rectangle with drop shadows, inner or outer glows, neon effects, and all kinds of other wild effects yet despite trying for hours I can't figure out how to turn off all those effects and just create a simple ordinary filled rectangle. Clearly I am missing something fundamental about this interface which I was hoping someone could help me out with. BTW, I'm using an older version of elements (ver 14.0) in windows 10. Thanks. ~Paul

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Down in the tool options click on the Style icon, then from the flyout menu click Remove Style

rs1.jpgrs2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Jeff. I tried that and indeed it did turn off the bevel. Thanks. But it still is not the sharp edge that I want. I think the remaining thin bevel like edge is due to anti-aliasing which I also don't want. I tried to look up how to turn of anti-aliasing and it said to click on the shadowed "A" in the toolbar, but I don't see any toolbars that look like that. How would I turn off the anti-aliasing to get a sharp-edged rectangle? Thanks. ~Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the tool options click on Snap before drawing the rectangle and also click off the Shape layer so you don't see the path which can look like a small bevel.

sna.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff. So simple ... yet not if you don't understand.  ~Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Photoshop Elements forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines