• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems when changing monitors

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problems with Photoshop Elements after replacing my monitor. Both are Vizios and have about the same proportions, although the new one is a size smaller. But, with the new one, PSE loses the Foreground and Background color selections at the bottom of the Tools bar. All other tools above that are present and accounted for. In order to get the color selections back, I have to select a lower resolution for the monitor. But, then I also have a green halo around the panels, on their headings, and on parts of some images when I bring them into PSE. Have tried everything advised online and from Edit>Preferences. No luck. Hopefully, someone has an answer. Help!!

Lloyd

TOPICS
Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version of photoshop elements are you using?

What is the native resolution (max resolution) of your new monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and Photoshop Elements 18. The old monitor had a resolution setting of 1280x720. This did not work on the new monitor and I had to reduce that to the next level downward (1152x648) for desktop icons to fit, etc. However, this is the level where I lost the color tool. When I lowered the resolution setting one more level (to 1024x768) is when the color tool was restored but with the other problems mentioned. Incidentally, when I go to the Display Settings menu, the recommended resolution setting is still for 1280x720 -- but, as mentioned above, that setting didn't work. Hope this helps you to identify my problem so a solution can be found. Thanks.

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With your new monitor set to it's native resolution of 1280 x 720, does it make any difference if you right click on the Taskbar, click Taskbar settings and set Use small taskbar buttons to On?

Also what about clicking on the Restore button in the upper righthand corner of photoshop elements?

Screenshot-(254).png

Screenshot-(252).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines