• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Catalog

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PE on my laptop and need to move it to a new laptop.  I have moved the program, but am encountering problems with moving the catalog.  I tried to do a full backup on the old laptop and a restore on the new laptop, but the files don't seem to match.  The new laptop is looking for a Tally .tly file that I don't see in the backup files.

What am I doing wrong?  Suggestions please.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new laptop is looking for a Tally .tly file that I don't see in the backup files.

Generally that means that the backup did not run completely. The 'backup.tly' file is the last one to be written to the disk.

I tried to do a full backup on the old laptop and a restore on the new laptop, but the files don't seem to match. 

All the files saved in the backup folder are renamed copies. The backup folder can't be used as a copy, it has to be 'restored',.

Would it be possible to do a new backup, waiting some time after the last message, to be sure everything is written?

The restore won't work if you don't have the backup.tly file in the backup folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines