• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Photoshop Elements 2020

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just installed Photoshop Elements 2020 and I am experiencing a couple of problem. Let me, before, explain the config: my laptop is quite powerful: ASUS Vivobook Pro. The installed operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 updated to the last update released and based on x64 processor. The Photo archive (roughly 60,000) is in a RAID 1 Western Digital external drive (4 TeraBytes). Also, inside the PC, is still installed a copy of Photoshop Elements 2015, using different external drive and catalog (This software is never running togheter with the new one)). The "old" program run fine, no problem at all.

• New program quite often send the following error message: "CAHeadless has encountered an error". The only possible answer is continue, after some time (erratic) the message newly appear. How it is possible to avoid this error message?
  •  One more problem is the following. If I want to add/import multimedia in one already exixting folder I get as result the folder duplication. That means, for instance, that if I want to add photos A, B and C to the existing CARTEL1 Photoshop Elements create a new CARTEL1 containing files A, B and C. The result is MAINFILE containing inside CARTEL1 and CARTEL1 (same name). This seems to me unaccettable. How I can solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help. Regars

Enrico Palma

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try reinatalling PSE 2020.

You may need to use the Cleaner Tool:

cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The CAHeadless error is generally associated with auto-creations.  Try going to the Preferences>Media-Analysis dialog and uncheck all of the Analysis Options.  You should also try to repair and optimize the catalog in File>Manage Catalogs dialog.

As for your second issue (duplicate folders), please explain in more detail how you are trying to import the files.  Are you using the Adobe Photo Downloader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines