• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Serial Number in Photoshop Elements 2021

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of Photoshop Elements 2021 from Amazon and was sent an Authorization Code by email. I tried to install the product, after it had downloaded. I managed eventually to install it on my iMac but when I went to run photoshop it said I neede to authorize it. I had been given a serial munber when I logged into the Adobe website and entered the activation code. I tried entering the serial number that Adobe had given me but it comes back with "The serial number you entered is invalid" even though I got the serial. number from Adobe. Please can anybody help, I did pay Amazon £86.99 for the product and I'm baffled.

TOPICS
Download and install , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, after spending all morning and quite a lot of the afternoon on the problem with an agent, I decided to go for the refund. I was told to delete all the enties in my hosts file and try the install again, but Apples advice is to ensure you leave the 127.0.0.1 loopback entry because the iMac needs it when it reboots. I'm not very confident about the refund at this time. but I'll give it a week and see what happens. If I don't hear anything I will follow your link and try again. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep us informed as to what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Bob - I received an email the following day from Adobe telling me that they were not able to fullfill the promise that they had made , the exact wording was...

Issue:  Photoshop elements 2021

You have purchase this application from Amazon need to contact them for refund if you have purchase from Adobe then only we can cancel

I was concerned because Amazon had already made it clear that the product could not be returned. I asked the Amazon customer care centre to call me and they did. I explained in depth what had occured and Amazon were good enough to issue a refund for the Photoshop Elements 2021 software.

The interesting thing is, if I run the software on a trial basis then it works fine, the problem just appears to be with the serial number that was generated when I entered the authorizatoion key into Adobe's serial number generator.

Thanks again for your help, I'm beginning to think that it's Adobe Illustrator that i really need, but that is very expensive for a pensioner to purchase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines