Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 15, Mac OS Mojave > Extremely poor performance

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I currently have Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 installed on my iMac 21.5'', Late 2015 4K.

The Performance of said product became extremely slow, I can't recall if it was after the upgrade to macOS mojave or not.
I tried renaming the Folder "SLCache" & "SLStore" in the Library; I Then had do re-active PS Elements again and it worked fine for a few days, but soon the performance was extremely poor again.
I have to wait almost 30 seconds per action - whetever it is saving or doing something..
I tried some fixes which were suggested here in the forums but none of them worked..

Does anyone have an Idea?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steveama,

We're really sorry for all the trouble. Please try adding Photoshop Elements 15 under the Accessibility in System Preferences.

1. Open System Preferences.
  2. Select Security & Privacy.
  3. Click the lock to make changes, then enter your system username and password for your computer.
  4. Select Privacy from the top set of tabs, then select Accessibility from the left-hand column of options.
  5. Click the + (plus) button under the list 'Allow the apps below to control your computer'.
  6. Navigate to the Applications folder and select the Photoshop application and click Open.
  7. Click the lock to prevent further changes. Relaunch Photoshop. 

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil

I have already done that, unfortunately that doesn't help or improve anything.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve this problem?  I have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing the above, it would not work for me. I ran the Uninstaller then downloaded Photoshop Elements 15 from my Adobe Account (plans/my plan/order history). After I re-ran the installer, it behaved beautifully. Note: the Organizer is still 32 bit so will not work in Catalina — I have no idea if the same is true for Elements 15 — I'll just have to find out, I suppose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: Now that I have it running properly in Mojave, the Adobe Updater appeared in my Menu bar. Clicking through, this updated Photoshop Elements to 15.2 and the Organizer to 64 bit. I don't know it it will run in Catalina—and won't till I install but it just might... We'll see. If not, I see an offer to upgrade to PE 2020 in my eMail. After 5 years, if I have to, I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines