Highlighted

PS Elements 19 - Accessing print menu and options take long time

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accessing the print menu and printer options take a real long time for every click.

It takes about 20-30 seconds to open a menu window or activating an option.

During this time all other functionality is unavailable.

The Canon Pixma printer is connected through LAN and other Windows applications printing without problems.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS Elements 19 - Accessing print menu and options take long time

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accessing the print menu and printer options take a real long time for every click.

It takes about 20-30 seconds to open a menu window or activating an option.

During this time all other functionality is unavailable.

The Canon Pixma printer is connected through LAN and other Windows applications printing without problems.

How can I solve this problem ?

Thanks,

Oliver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 21, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver

I also have the same problem. I have a Canon TS 5050 Printer which works fine with all other products. But as soon as I press print within the Elements 19 software it slows down to go through the Printing steps. I have tried contacting Help line without any success.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oliver

I have the same problem as you with Element 19 printing. I still have Element 11 which works fine. I contact the help line and after over an hour connecting to my Computer they could not find the cause. They promised to come back after they discussed problem in-house but did not. I think there is a problem built into 19 which is not in 11. It's frustrating, I have a work around using 11 to print after using 19 to develop my pictures.  I have emailed them again for a response,if I get anything helpful I will let you know

Mick Dodge

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have same issue, thought it was whole photoshop that was slow, but now it seems only when I try to print and change print options for size and quality Running Canon pro-10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do any of you notice the slow response of the printer when printing from Editor and from Organizer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Adobe look at my system twice for over 3 hours in total, without success. It is definitely

a 19 problem. I have version 11 which works fine. My work around is use version 19 for creative work. Save, then open in version 11 to print. It is a pain but it saves taking 10 minutes to print on page in 19. I am hoping that they come up with a software fix but I am not holding my breath. Hope you have more luck.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please refer to my previous comments. It is definitely a version 19 fault. My request for Adobe support was good but could not rectify or find a solution.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not answer my question. Do you experience the slow printing both via the editor and via the organizer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had another look at your question.

I rarely use the organiser I prefer to use File Explorer. However it appears to print ok. So I will have another look at saving into the organiser. Thanks for the question.

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work good with no speed degradation when printing from elements organizer. The print options appear almost immediately when I click on them.

John

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing itself is not slow, it’s when clicking on print option such as paper size, printer, quality, etc. only in elements. When using organizer the response time is almost immediate when clicking on options. When using elements it may take 30 to 45 seconds for a response from my mouse click.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

I found that it works well however, I really would prefer to be able to print while I am in creative mode. It works ok in Elements 11 so why not 19. However, if I use Organizer I have to save in Creative, open again in Organizer to print. What a waste of time. Hopefully Adobe will sort themselves out

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The print engines in organizer and editor are not the same. We have had reports of the behavior which you describe previously. That is why I inquired.

Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for info. The real question is What is the difference between 11 which works ok and 19 which does not

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good thing is that I'm not the only one having this problem and it is a proven bug in PS Elements 19.

Printing from organizer is working without time delay.

I'm not using the organizer at all and want to use the print functionality out of the editor.

A prompt update / bugfix from Adobe will be appreciated.

Oliver

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2019 0