Highlighted

PS Elements 2018-Photos open postage stamp size after Windows 10 update

May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I just did an update to Windows 10 and now when I open files in PS Elements 2018 Editor, all the photos open postage stamp sized in the upper left corner of the screen outside the workspace. Previously they would open regular sized in the work space, stacked on top of each other. When I try to organize the layout to floating they cover up the bottom tool bar, so I have to rearrange them manually in the workspace. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS Elements 2018-Photos open postage stamp size after Windows 10 update

May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I just did an update to Windows 10 and now when I open files in PS Elements 2018 Editor, all the photos open postage stamp sized in the upper left corner of the screen outside the workspace. Previously they would open regular sized in the work space, stacked on top of each other. When I try to organize the layout to floating they cover up the bottom tool bar, so I have to rearrange them manually in the workspace. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

It seems your problem is similar to the one in that feedback forum discussion.

Elements 15: Floating all windows not working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If you think it is related, I would advise to report your experience in that discussion in that feedback forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Which discussion should it be reported - windows 10 or the above discussion?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I tried the fixes and it didn't work. I will follow the other discussion and see what happens.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue; just started after the Windows update this afternoon.  A real pain in the neck having to manually place each photo that I open down into the workspace...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 13, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the other thread about the issue, especially the Adobe paper and the solution to disable 'auto-hide' the taskbar.

Why am I unable to view slideshow created by Photoshop Elements 2018 Organizer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michel. I tried the fix with the Registry but it didn't work. Looks like that was for Organizer and not Photoshop. I didn't find a similar path for Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, this began immediately after updating Windows to 1803. It worked fine prior to the update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct. Everything worked fine immediately before I did the Windows 10 update a couple of days ago and this started immediately after.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 15, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct program issue and program error as described in Photoshop Elements. To date 05/15/18 there is no fix that has been offered and many users are experiencing the same problem.  Please advise when you have a fix. I have followed all instructions to uninstall and reinstall 6 times and the problem remains . 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 16, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

I just finished the update to Windows 10 (1803).

I have the same problem with floating windows and poststamp sized initial window size:

- On PSE2018, PSE15

but not with:

- PSE14, PSE12, PSE10...

Disabling the 'auto-hide' feature of the task bar does not help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2018

Copy to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines