• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 2018-Photos open postage stamp size after Windows 10 update

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did an update to Windows 10 and now when I open files in PS Elements 2018 Editor, all the photos open postage stamp sized in the upper left corner of the screen outside the workspace. Previously they would open regular sized in the work space, stacked on top of each other. When I try to organize the layout to floating they cover up the bottom tool bar, so I have to rearrange them manually in the workspace. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems your problem is similar to the one in that feedback forum discussion.

Elements 15: Floating all windows not working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

If you think it is related, I would advise to report your experience in that discussion in that feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which discussion should it be reported - windows 10 or the above discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I tried the fixes and it didn't work. I will follow the other discussion and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue; just started after the Windows update this afternoon.  A real pain in the neck having to manually place each photo that I open down into the workspace...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the other thread about the issue, especially the Adobe paper and the solution to disable 'auto-hide' the taskbar.

Why am I unable to view slideshow created by Photoshop Elements 2018 Organizer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michel. I tried the fix with the Registry but it didn't work. Looks like that was for Organizer and not Photoshop. I didn't find a similar path for Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, this began immediately after updating Windows to 1803. It worked fine prior to the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct. Everything worked fine immediately before I did the Windows 10 update a couple of days ago and this started immediately after.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the correct program issue and program error as described in Photoshop Elements. To date 05/15/18 there is no fix that has been offered and many users are experiencing the same problem.  Please advise when you have a fix. I have followed all instructions to uninstall and reinstall 6 times and the problem remains . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished the update to Windows 10 (1803).

I have the same problem with floating windows and poststamp sized initial window size:

- On PSE2018, PSE15

but not with:

- PSE14, PSE12, PSE10...

Disabling the 'auto-hide' feature of the task bar does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - on 2 computers using Photoshop Elements 15 - both immediately following the windows update.  It's extremely frustrating.  I upgraded a week before it started from an old version and now I wonder if that was a mistake. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending emails. But Please note that everything you keep

sending me are COMPLAINTS, not solutions. I will keep hoping a fix comes

through soon. I'm definitely looking at switching to an Apple -- should

have done it a long time ago!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand my post was not a "solution", from everything I have read on multiple forums, there are no resolutions to this issue.  However, if no one replies that they have the same issue, what incentive is there for Photoshop to fix the issue.  Each "complaint" is in itself a "vote" for it being moved to a higher importance for a "fix" for PS.  So my adding my name to the complaint is "vote" - it's important to more than just you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies. I had been live chatting with Microsoft today - waste if time

& I thought this was just an extension of the chat. I'm so frustrated and

no answers. So again my apologies. Maybe we will eventually get an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all the terrific folks in this forum & their suggestions for a work around my appreciation. However we all seem to agree on the fact that Adobe is less inclined to use their programing skills to fix the issue thereby making Photoshop Elements ver. 18 useless at the very least, in my opinion.   The work around by MichelBParis is very sound advice that I came across myself but even this remains just a work around .  Using a graphics program is labor intensive enough!  Then add in a work around just makes the process aggravating to say the least.  05/22/18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mendelk71997091  wrote

However we all seem to agree on the fact that Adobe is less inclined to use their programing skills to fix the issue thereby making Photoshop Elements ver. 18 useless at the very least, in my opinion.   The work around by MichelBParis is very sound advice that I came across myself but even this remains just a work around . 

Are you sure we agree on:

the fact that Adobe is less inclined to use their programing skills to

fix the issue thereby making Photoshop Elements ver. 18 useless at the

very least, in my opinion.

1 - The problem has arisen only a few days ago for me, and the deployment of the 1803 build is far from being achieved.

2 - Photoshop Elements ver. 2018 and 15 are affected, not PSE14 or 12 in my tests.

3 - They are not useless, the editing features are 100% operational... provided you choose the other interface option as mentioned in the workaround: don't allow 'floating documents in expert mode' when opening files, especially when opening several files at the same time.

Now, I can either:

- open several files at the same time (always form the organizer) and use the workaround to open all the stacked thumbnails in the upper left corner in their own floating documents. No need to apply the workaround to individual files. For instance, after an editing session of multiple files in ACR, I open all files (generally a dozen or so) in the editor - I select all files in the photo bin and apply the workaround.

- Disable the preference option. I work with as many open files as needed. If I want to switch to floating windows, I can change the preferences back without quitting my job, and apply the workaround.

Yes, that's only a workaround. Just requires a little getting used to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same problem with PSE15. It was ok until a windows update crashed my computer and I had to do a factory reinstall of Windows 10 (garbage! OS) followed by a reinstall of PSE15. I SURE miss my floating documents. What does a person have to do to get Adobe/Windows (they both seem to be playing the blame game..."It's not our fault"), to rectify this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

royd22185657  wrote

I am also experiencing this same problem with PSE15. It was ok until a windows update crashed my computer and I had to do a factory reinstall of Windows 10 (garbage! OS) followed by a reinstall of PSE15. I SURE miss my floating documents.

See my previous answer.

As a matter of fact, I still use floating windows.

- I mostly open my files from the Organizer, several at a time usually (with the photo bin shown).

- When the opened files are stacked in the top left corner, I simply click on the 'Layout' icon on the bottom tool bar and switch between 'All floating' or 'All Grid'.

- Curiously, when using the 'New' options of the File menu, the windows open normally.

What does a person have to do to get Adobe/Windows (they both seem to be playing the blame game..."It's not our fault"), to rectify this problem?

They don't play this game... and they don't need your help to solve the problem. What is useful is to go to the feedback forum and to add your vote to that complaint to prioritize the solution.

Elements 15: Floating all windows not working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

By the way, both Microsoft and Adobe are perfectly aware that each of them plays a part in the issue.

- Microsoft, by disabling OS functions which worked before.

- Adobe, because similar floating windows issues did not exist in older version (PSE14 for me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in to see if anyone has seen if there is any resolution to this issue. I haven't seen anything here or on other similar forums lately. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

rl63666202  wrote

Checking in to see if anyone has seen if there is any resolution to this issue. I haven't seen anything here or on other similar forums lately. Thanks

What's new is that there are already 17 votes in the feedback forum discussion.  Not bad in the Elements subforum. I hope a lot more users will continue to vote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines