• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 2020 slow performance after importing HEIC images

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just imported 200 or so HEIC images and it would appear that the program is analyzing the images, but I've been locked up for nearly an hour now waiting for it to complete.  I noticed that just opening one of the images takes quite a while.  Is there something I can do to overcome this?  Or should I just try to convert the HEIC images to JPG prior to importing?  

I'm using Windows 10, not a high performance machine, but plenty of RAM.

TOPICS
Performance , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, never mind.  It seems that PS Elements is busy creating JPG versions of each HEIC image.  So once it finishes, all should be well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, PSE does not automatically convert HEIC files into JPG.  How have you been importing the HEIC files?  Are they from an iPhone or iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm importing from an iPhone.  It seems that about half of the images I imported ended up with a stack, where the top image is JPG and the original was HEIC.  The other half didn't convert, or perhaps I didn't wait long enough.  

I decided to delete those images, use an external image file converter to batch convert all of the HEIC images to JPG, and re-import them.  That seems to have gotten me back to normal performance anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Import from Camera or Card Reader or Import from Files and Folders?  If the latter, then how are you transferring the HEIC files to your computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines