• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements 8 - Editor tries to load then -error message

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS Elements 8 and have never had a problem before.

If I select a photo in the Organizer and click edit - the editor starts to load (shows the photo briefly) then I get an error message.

Photoshop Elements has unexpectedly quit

If instead I start PSE, and select Edit instead of Organizer, the same thing occurs.

I have removed my temp files and shutdown the PC, but after restart, same problem.

I know is an older version but if you have heard of a similar problem in a new version it might help.

If you have seen this before, please suggest something that I could try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you made any computer update recently? What operating system are you using e.g. W10, Mac OS Mojave etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an HP Home version desktop PC with Vista.

I've used PSE8 for about 8 years without a problem.

I use it every day. The Organizer still works. I can edit slide shows there, the Editor won't complete the load.

The selected photo first appears in the Editor and then it is quickly disappears and the error message is on the screen. The Organizer is still active and running when that occurs too.

i have not done any updates since MS ended support for Vista quite some time back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last few lines of the crash log

<binaryImage start="0x0ee90000" end="0x0eea1000" type="__TEXT" path="C:&#92;Program Files&#92;Adobe&#92;Photoshop Elements 8.0&#92;OperaMgr.dll"/>

<binaryImage start="0x74d30000" end="0x74d4a000" type="__TEXT" path="C:&#92;WINDOWS&#92;System32&#92;powrprof.dll"/>

</binaryImageSet>

</crash>

<reproSteps>

</reproSteps>

</crashreport>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I initiated my PC in safe mode and started Photoshop Elements 8.

Selected a photos and then 'edit'.

Same problem... started to load then crashed.

Under this condition, I did get an error 'number' if anyone knows if it would help.

Error:150:30

AMT Subsystem Failure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines