Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elements and Silver efex

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi people

I have PS Elements 12, with Silver efex added as a plug in, downloaded when it was free.

I would like to upgrade PSE 19, and my question is..... will I be able to retain Silver efex, perhaps automatically in the upgrade ?

I don't want to lose Silver efex, and neither do I want to now pay for it to p[lug into the upgrade PSE version.

Looking fwd to any advice.

cheers ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Actually, if you don't have the installation file, you can find it here.  I just tried it and it works with Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-in will not be automatically transferred when you install Elements 2019.  But, if you still have the installation file for the plug-in, you can re-run it and it will probably install in 2019.  If that doesn't work, you can go to Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins and add your Elements 12 plug-in folder as an additional folder:

Snap10_2019.07.13_23h41m03s_002_.png

Or, as an alternative, you can copy the plug-in file to the current plug-in folder.

However, because the old plug-in is probably a 32-bit program, it may not work with the current Elements program.

Finally, you can always keep Elements 12 on your machine, and use it if need be for the Silver efex plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, if you don't have the installation file, you can find it here.  I just tried it and it works with Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Greg, exactly what I needed..... you are a legend !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines