Highlighted

PS Elements held hostage by Adobe [How to continue with PSE14 after 2019 trial has expired?]

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought PS Elements 14 from Amazon.com in June 2016, works great.

Somehow I must have wandered onto the Adobe site (or somewhere else) and downloaded a trial version of a newer

version of Elements.

Apparently Adobe is now telling me my trial period is over and they have shut off my previously paid for version.

Seems to be pretty hard to contact Adobe support so I could ask them directly.

Thanks

Dave Kassionas

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe has not shut off your previously paid for version.  What happens when you try to open it? You may have to sign back in and enter your paid for serial number.  If you are not going to buy Elements 2019, simply delete it.  Both versions work entirely independently.

If you converted your old catalog when opening Elements 2019 Organizer, the old catalog has been renamed.  It will have the same name as the old one but with a suffix of "1".  So, you will have to browse for that renamed folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS Elements held hostage by Adobe [How to continue with PSE14 after 2019 trial has expired?]

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bought PS Elements 14 from Amazon.com in June 2016, works great.

Somehow I must have wandered onto the Adobe site (or somewhere else) and downloaded a trial version of a newer

version of Elements.

Apparently Adobe is now telling me my trial period is over and they have shut off my previously paid for version.

Seems to be pretty hard to contact Adobe support so I could ask them directly.

Thanks

Dave Kassionas

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Greg_S. | Adobe Community Professional

Adobe has not shut off your previously paid for version.  What happens when you try to open it? You may have to sign back in and enter your paid for serial number.  If you are not going to buy Elements 2019, simply delete it.  Both versions work entirely independently.

If you converted your old catalog when opening Elements 2019 Organizer, the old catalog has been renamed.  It will have the same name as the old one but with a suffix of "1".  So, you will have to browse for that renamed folder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they have shut off my previously paid for version.

Shut off how exactly?

If you've installed the current version Elements 2019 as a trial, the trial has expired and you do not wish to pay for it then uninstall Elements 2019.

Your existing Elements 14 should be unaffected. You should be able to keep using it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 0