• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS Elenentwill not open a .dng file

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im just starteing with Photoshop Elements and photo ediding... when I edit a photo and save the edited photo as a .dng file my I cannot open the .dng file in PS. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was the file you edited already a .dng file?  Or did you change the original file name from - say, xyz.jpg - to xyz.dng when saving?  I may be wrong but if that's what you're doing I don't think it can work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... these are fresph off my Nikon D3100 in NEF .. I transfered them/moved them  to my PC... I I onened them  did some editing  .. saved them (only save opten is a ,dng)  and closed them... Tried to reopen them and they wont open... no error messages or anything just wont display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not qualified to help you with this.  Not my strong suit, hopefully someone jumps in here momentarily to help you out with it.  But I'm curious, what happens if you change the file extension from .dng to .nef?

https://www.lifewire.com/nef-file-2622081

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What version of photoshop elements and version of windows are you using?

If in the photoshop elements editor you go to Help>About Plug-In>Camera Raw, what version does it say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines