• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 11 crashes on access

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run iMAC Mojave 10.14.6 and have had PSE 11 installed and running successfully for a long time. Recently the application will not let me click on the image without totally crashing. I have uninstalled then reinstalled the application with the same error. All the adjustment actions work but I cannot crop, move the image,  etc because as soon as I click on the image the application fails. 

Any help welcomed.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the pse 11 editor preferences by going to Adode Photoshop Elements Editor>Preferences>General, clicking on Reset Preferences on next launch and then restart the pse 11 editor.

respref.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I read through the forum and found someone with the same problem on Windows and that solved it for him. I followed those steps but still the problem remains.  I would have thought that reinstalling PSE would have set everything back anyway.  What is strange to me is that this problem has just started happening to something which has been fine for ages.  When PSE crashes it remembers nothing about what it has been doing - even when trying to open "recently used" images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next thing to try is trashing the following:

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences and trash the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Settings folder

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences and trash the Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Settings

/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences and trash the com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

If the crashing is caused by corrupt preferences or plist files, then reinstalling doesn't reset those files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really grateful, Jeff, thank you so much......BUT I have to admit total ignorance of how/where to do what you suggest. I have tried typing in the links but all that brings up is a google list telling me what you have said. 

I do apologise, but if you have  a few moments please can you expand on the where and how I get your addresses actioned. Sorry I am so thick and non-tectnical.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on your desktop, then in the Go menu click Go to Folder and paste ~/Library/Preferences, then click Go

gotf.png

That should open the User Preferences folder and then look for the following to trash

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 Settings folder

Photoshop Elements 11 Settings

com.adobe.PhotoshopElements.plist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. I have managed to do that and move the files to Trash.......but still got the problem.

I have tried getting help from Adobecare who cannot help because PSE11 is too old and the servers have been decommissioned. They said also that anytweaking I might try through properties would be inconsistent with MAC Mojave.....surprise, surprise, they did suggest I bought PSE2020.

I shall drop this thread now as it seems futile to continue. For my main work I have in stalled Capture One, but PSE was just simpler for formatting web images.

Very grateful thanks for all your help for a non-techy.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is another thing to try:

Go to Apple>System Preferences>Security&Privacy>Privacy and add the

Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app

in

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files

to the following

Accessibility

Full Disk Access

Automation

pse11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are a STAR Jeff.......it worked and all is back to normal. Wonderful. Thank you so much for digging me out. It is times like this when one feels so inadequate that they cannot make an application work properly and also just do not understand what experts are trying to say. 

Your patience with me is very much appreciated.

Thank you

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines