Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE-11 Not Printing to Epson WF-4730

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm on a Dell PC with OS10. I use PSE-11 program and getting an incompatibility notice when I try to Print to a new Epson  WF Pro-4730. I can print from Microsoft Pictures but it's too basic.   I'm an artist and use photos for painting resources regularly. I need all the bells and whistles of PSE-11 for resizing, etc. I just can't seem to find the sweet spot for settings adjustments. Thank you for any help. Could it be that I need to upgrade PSE-11? And which version will be compatible? 

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Check Epson's web site to be sure that you have the latest driver, even though the the machine is new!

Are you unable to print both from the Editor and from the Organizer?

What specifically does the error message say?

Suggest that in PSE Editor you reset preferences to default. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences.JPG

Please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Can you post a screenshot of the message you are receiving?  At what point in your printing process does the message appear?

Have you tried resetting the preferences file?  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Epson's web site to be sure that you have the latest driver, even though the the machine is new!

Are you unable to print both from the Editor and from the Organizer?

What specifically does the error message say?

Suggest that in PSE Editor you reset preferences to default. To do that, go to Edit>Preferences>General and look for this:

Preferences.JPG

Please report back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hatstead

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to offer suggestions. Indeed, it was installing driver update which has solved my printing problems. I reset printer to defaults, then reset my preferences then access my PC's Settings-Printers & Scanners  -- lo and behold a new message appreared under Epson C777AC (WF-4730) Driver is Unavailable. So over to Epson site to download. 

Again thank you very much. All is well, and PSE-11 is talking nicely to the printer! 

Best wishes,

Dinah 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the message you are receiving?  At what point in your printing process does the message appear?

Have you tried resetting the preferences file?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Greg_S.

Solved the problem, indeed it was a driver update needed. After I reset printer to defaults and set some preferences, I went back to PC Settings and found a new message under the printer Driver is Unavailable. 

The  following message menu popped up after I'd chosen print, sorted paper preferences etc and ok'd to proceed: The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop Elements, or the saved printer is not longer available. You will have to check your printer settings before printing. 

Again, thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Dinah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines