PSE 11 switch from PC to old mac

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Soooo, I just purchased an old MacBook pro to use for my photo editing. I have PSE 11 on an old PC, which is critically ill, so I thought the low-cost solution was to buy an old mac and use this, since I knew it would be a better solution for me. I checked that PSE 11 would work with the mac (running on OS10.6 and it showed it was compatible). Now here starts the "fun" - I couldn't find my installation disc and after contacting Adobe support, they supplied me with the install file for PSE11. I installed it and now... The serial code doesn't work. I was told when I bought the package back in 2013, that I bought access for both Mac and PC, but the registration code does not work. I thought it was strange and I tried to press Buy in the installation fase and was taking to a site on the adobe site where nothing looked to be of a 'buy registration here'-type-of-thing...

So I wanted to ask you experts in here: Do anyone know whether it is possible to use the same reg. code for both mac and PC, and if not, is it possible to buy one for mac?

I know the product probably is EOL, but regarding the mac running on an old OS, I am a bit limited in the possible range of products I can get working on it 🙂

Hope that someone in here can help me.

TOPICS
Download and install, How to, Mac, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you orginally buy pse 11 from? The only way to get the dual pc/nac license, as far as i know, was to buy the boxed dvds from somewhere other than adobe.

Is your serial listed in your Adobe account under My Products?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/find-serial-number-elements.html

If so it will say what operating system the license (serial number) works on. If it's for both mac and pc it will say Platform Multiple like below for my copy of pse 11.

Screenshot-(159).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

It is listed under My Products for windows, BUT when I bought it, the case with the discs had two serial numbers - one for  mac and one for windows. Sadly, I have never used the mac serial number, so I cannot find it anywhere now and I am fearing it is lost. I got PSE11 through a reseller when I bought my now old Canon digital camera. It was an offer where both platforms were available, but I haven't registered the one for mac before (I have never owned one until now :)) xxc.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally both platforms use the same serial number. So you must have a Windows only purchase. You may be able to buy a used version of PSE 11 but beware of auction sites. You need to have a properly de-activated copy or get the previous owner to do a licence transfer via Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines