Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 11 update to 64 bit for imac

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

First post here and I can imagine this question's been asked a thousand times. I get the same message every time I open PSE 11 but there's no way I can find to actually speak to someone at Adobe. So is there anything to be done to update/upgrade to 64 bit from 32 bit?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Sometimes pre-existing software will continue to work after upgrading MacOS, despite Apple warnings. PSE11 is a 64 bit app but the installers and licencing app are 32 bit. So just ensure you never sign-out from the help menu. Never un-install the software as re-installation will be impossible on Catalina.

There will be no updates from Adobe for older software. You could consider an upgrade to the recently released PSE2020 which is the only version which is now supported.

You can try free for 3

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you upgraded Mac OS to Catalina? Is PSE11 still working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes pre-existing software will continue to work after upgrading MacOS, despite Apple warnings. PSE11 is a 64 bit app but the installers and licencing app are 32 bit. So just ensure you never sign-out from the help menu. Never un-install the software as re-installation will be impossible on Catalina.

There will be no updates from Adobe for older software. You could consider an upgrade to the recently released PSE2020 which is the only version which is now supported.

You can try free for 30 days before purchasing an upgrade. What’s New in Elements 2020

Install PSE 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies 99jon,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should'nt have pressed enter. I'm still on Mojave at the moment and won't go to Catalina until any bugs have been sorted out. I have to say I think it's pretty poor for Adobe not to put out the 64 bit version because we can't all afford to splash out on PSE2020. Thanks for the advice though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nothing new and Apple has been pushing out warnings for months that updating to Catalina will affect 32 bit apps. PSE11 is quite old and was never designed for Catalina so this comes down to user choice. Like you I’m sticking with Mojave for the time being. Even though I have Elements 2020 I’m not sure my Nik Collection plug-ins will continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Everyone will need ALL new apps and plug-ins for Catalina. Budget for it - it's part of the Joy Of Mac. Adobe will not update their older products - why should they work for free? Serious question, if Adobe did all this work for free they would be subsidizing Apple's profits. Is that a good thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines