• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 14 Catalog will not restore to new computer files saved as .json not .tly

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At wits end! Help! Have spent lots of time with tech help and they referred me to the forum. I have purchased a new subscription to Creative Cloud 2020 and want to install it to a new computer. However, the old computer has PSE 14 and not enough space to download CC2020. So, I installed PSE 14 on the new computer because I do not want to lose my keywords and keyword tree for thousands of photos. I did a fullback up of the catalog to an external hard drive and tried to restore it on the new computer. However, the backup files were saved as .json files and not .tly files. When I tried to restore the catalog and navigate to the file folder on the hard drive the files cannot be found. How do I change the format of the backup files or get the new computer to recognize the .json files? Or can I just copy the catalog file to the new computer and restore it that way. Someone please help. I have been digging for answers and have tried everything I can think of. I have been working off of two computers now for three weeks trying to figure this out. 

TOPICS
Download and install , Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your backup folder should contain a single Backup.tly file.  Are you pointing the restore dialog to the correct directory?  (And is it a full or an incremental backup?)  The .json files are simply backups of the files containing face recognition information for your catalog. 

In any event, yes you can copy the catalog folder to the new computer, as long as your new computer contains the media files - photos and videos - in the same folder structure as the old computer.  In other words, if you are not using the Elements 14 backup/restore process, you have to copy both the catalog folder and the media files to the new computer, using some other copy utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines