• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 14 Organizer relink catalog after system reset

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to perform a system reset on my laptop. I chose the option to retain my personal files, but I've had to reinstall all the applications, etc. 

I have backed up my catalog file to a cloud backup service, and all my photo files are still on the laptop, in their original spots. I've reinstalled PSE 14, but I can't figure out how to get the catalog back in. 

Any help is REALLY appreciated. Thank you!

Mary

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I have backed up my catalog file to a cloud backup service,"

The catalog is not a file, it's a folder containing the database and its associated files. If you have a copy of the folder somewhere, copy it to the default catalog location or to any other 'custom' location of your choice. The default location is a hidden system folder which you find from the menu Help >> system information. A custom location can be a folder just under a root drive of your computer. To open the organizer with the catalog, double click on the catalog.pse14db in the catalog folder.

If you mean something else than a copy of the catalog folder, please give details.

Edit:

It is not impossible that your original catalog folder has not been deleted by the reinstall of the software. Search for the 'default' location in the 'system information' mentioned above, and look for another folder than the new empty one created by the reinstall of Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your help! I found it!

--
Mary H. Miller, Ed.D.
Owner, Bay Lake Embroidery
5041 Shore Side Dr.
Lakeland, FL 33812
586-292-0552
h ttp:www.baylakeemb.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines