• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 15 freezing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2019 Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running PSE 15 with windows 10.  After a recent update from windows, photoshop has been reacting slowly and freezing up.  Anyone else having this problem?  What can I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joc72770208  wrote

Running PSE 15 with windows 10.  After a recent update from windows, photoshop has been reacting slowly and freezing up.  Anyone else having this problem?  What can I try?

Any error messages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error messages.  Just taking forever to respond to moving things around.  I just spent over an hour redoing a scrapbook page thinking maybe something in the original was causing the problem.  Didn't make much difference.  Then when I tried to save what I had done (which was just my typical two page scrapbook spread that I have made hundreds of) I did get message that it could not be saved because it was over 2 gbytes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hard drive setup (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

311gb free of 916gb....working on laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did ALL of the above.  Problem continued.  Walked away for a day.  Came back and everything still wonky.  Opened up some older projects and everything worked fine.  So....started my page over from scratch.  Completely redid it.  For some reason, the file is now 218.9M.  Don't know what I did differently than the hundreds of times before, but it would seem the problem was with a loose nut on the keyboard.  Fixed now and everything is good.

Thanks so much for your time and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joc72770208  wrote

but it would seem the problem was with a loose nut on the keyboard.  Fixed now and everything is good.

So this "loose nut" was causally related to malfunction of PSE, and other programs installed on your machine were not impacted adversely. Hard to believe, but so be it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only had problem working with that one layout.  Tried all the fixes suggested and nothing helped.  Once I threw it away and started anew, everything worked fine.  I can only surmise that I (the "loose nut") had done something???? while making that one layout that was causing it to be troublesome.  I am certainly open to other suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess that the important thing is that you've got the problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines