• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 18 Organizer can't play some MP4 files

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but my PSE Organizer can’t play one or more MP4 video files, while playing most of them without problem. It says “The selected file cannot be played because your system does not have the required compresser/decompresser(code) installed.” I opened it through Windows File Explorer and it played without problem in Windows Media Player, so I know the file is not corrupted. And the other videos that the Organizer opens okay were taken with the same camera. So I’m just curious if anyone has come across this before, or has any idea how to fix this. (I came up practically empty-handed with Web and Community searches; what I did find applied to Premiere Elements, not plain (?) Elements.)

(P.S. I tried deleting the file from the catalog and then copying it back in, but it still couldn’t play it.)
(P.P.S. They misspelled compressor.)

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera does the file come from?

At this point all I can suggest is to try resetting the preferences file. Immediately after launching the program, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It comes from a Panasonic DMC-FZ1000. That's where all my MP4 files come from, except for a handful of phone camera videos.

It's not worth losing my preferences over, even if I knew for certain that that would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines