• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 18

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, Topaz Labs Sharpen AI is showing in my filter list; however, I don't have it and don't intend to purchase it.  I can't see to find it in my plug-ins folder in PSE18 under Windows but I would like to remove it from my filter list as I get an error message about it when I start up PSE.

Can anyone provide me with any instructions?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install a trial of the Topaz plug-in? Or have you installed Topaz Studio 2?   I don't see how it could possibly show up in Elements without you doing something to install it. 

I recently installed Topaz Studio 2 which includes a plug-in for Elements and was receiving an error message similar to the one you describe.  I ended up adding the Topaz folder to the Additional Plug-ins folder in Preferences.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.12_11h39m03s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg and Thank You for this.   Nooo, I never even installed a trial version of Sharpen so very odd.  

When editing a picture I have, under "Filters" Topaz and Topaz Studio. Studio - all well and good but Topaz filters is where this odd program that I don't want and never wanted is showing up and I can't make it go away but will keep trying.  

Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can suggest is to search the registry for Topaz Sharpen and delete the keys.  I found 4 entries in my registry.  (Make sure you have a backup of the registry before doing this.)

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.12_14h21m01s_003_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhh, I just realized in Topaz Studio 2 Sharpen is there and it works so I suppose I should leave well enough alone.  I guess Shapen is built in with Studio 2.   Hmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines