Highlighted

PSE 19 freezes when Guided or Expert Mode chosen

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had this program for a very short time.  It works ok in Expert Mode but when I try to switch to either Guided or Quick Mode it immediately freezes and a "send crash report" screen comes up.  I have sent a multitude of Crash Reports but haven't heard anything back from Adobe.

I am using Windows 10.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSE 19 freezes when Guided or Expert Mode chosen

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have had this program for a very short time.  It works ok in Expert Mode but when I try to switch to either Guided or Quick Mode it immediately freezes and a "send crash report" screen comes up.  I have sent a multitude of Crash Reports but haven't heard anything back from Adobe.

I am using Windows 10.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2019 0
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Preferences:

Restore default preferences

Preference settings control how Photoshop Elements Editor displays images, cursors, and transparencies, saves files, uses plug‑ins and scratch disks, and so on. If the application exhibits unexpected behavior, the preferences file could be damaged. You can restore all preferences to their defaults.

Note: Deleting the preferences file is an action that cannot be undone.

Do one of the following:

• Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Mac: Option+Command+Shift) immediately after Photoshop Elements begins launching. Click Yes to delete the Adobe Photoshop Elements settings file.
  • Go to Edit > Preferences (Mac: Photoshop Elements > Preferences > General), click the Reset Preferences on next launch button, and then click OK. When you restart Adobe Photoshop Elements, all preferences are reset to default settings.

A new preferences file is created the next time you start Photoshop Elements Editor. For information on a specific preference option, search for the preference name in Help.

from here:

Preference file locations for Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 21, 2019 0