• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 19 will not re-open.

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that PSE19 will only open after a Windows 10 restart.

After PSE has been closed, it will not then reopen. The blue circle shows for one second - and then nothing happens.

A Windows restart seems to be the only option to get back into PSE19. Suggestions will be very welcome.

TOPICS
Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS IS A TROUBLESHOOTING STEP:

2021-04-06_150843.jpg

MANUALLY DELETE YOUR PREFERENCES: THEN RESTART.

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\19.0\Editor

2021-04-06_152542.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some people find it easier to reset the preferences file by going to Edit>Preferences>General tab and clicking the Reset Preferences on next launch button.

What I suspect is happening is that the program is not closing properly and the process remains active.  You can check this by looking in Windows Task Manager and seeing if any Elements Editor process remains open.  The reset of the preferences file may fix this problem.  If it doesn't, I would suggest doing a complete uninstall and reinstall of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines