Highlighted

PSE 2019 Cannot Drag and Drop to Outlook

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd swear I could do this in previous versions.  I can't drag a picture out of PSE into another application, like Outlook or Word.  When I drag and drop a photo all I get is a text string of the path to the file.

Is there a way to do this?

Hello,

I was trying to see the behaviour of Drag and Drop a file from Elements Organizer over versions 13, 2018 and 2019 with Outlook.

As you mentioned, you were able to Drag-Drop a media to Outlook and it would copy the media. This behavior is observed with Elements Organizer 13.

Digging into it, I found that earlier(in Organizer 13), Copy and Paste operation was performed whenever we Drag and Drop a media but this media was not linked.

Also I found a user requesting this feature, so that Drag and Drop would create a link for that media, when opened in Outlook.

Link: Photoshop Elements: Drag and drop between PSE and other applications doesn't allow linking | Photoshop Family Customer C…

It depends on the application in which drag/drop operation is performed, For Eg: if you drag/drop to any other  Photo Editor. It will copy the media for all the versions of Elements Organizer.

For Outlook, you could use the traditional copy paste(Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v) for your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prakash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSE 2019 Cannot Drag and Drop to Outlook

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd swear I could do this in previous versions.  I can't drag a picture out of PSE into another application, like Outlook or Word.  When I drag and drop a photo all I get is a text string of the path to the file.

Is there a way to do this?

Hello,

I was trying to see the behaviour of Drag and Drop a file from Elements Organizer over versions 13, 2018 and 2019 with Outlook.

As you mentioned, you were able to Drag-Drop a media to Outlook and it would copy the media. This behavior is observed with Elements Organizer 13.

Digging into it, I found that earlier(in Organizer 13), Copy and Paste operation was performed whenever we Drag and Drop a media but this media was not linked.

Also I found a user requesting this feature, so that Drag and Drop would create a link for that media, when opened in Outlook.

Link: Photoshop Elements: Drag and drop between PSE and other applications doesn't allow linking | Photoshop Family Customer C…

It depends on the application in which drag/drop operation is performed, For Eg: if you drag/drop to any other  Photo Editor. It will copy the media for all the versions of Elements Organizer.

For Outlook, you could use the traditional copy paste(Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v) for your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prakash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 22, 2019 0
Participant ,
Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Link: Photoshop Elements: Drag and drop between PSE and other applications doesn't allow linking | Photosh...

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Prakash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 22, 2019 1