• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2019 cracked thumbnails

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2018 Dec 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have issues with the cracked file thumbnail in organizer after editing a file and saving it in the editor.  Can anyone give me a link to a solution?  Had this issue in my previous version so I upgraded to PSE 2019 in hopes to solve the issue, it did not.  Hope some one can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

FOUND IT 🙂

It is a size limit in the organizer-

Maximum image size limits in Photoshop Elements

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

I added the registry entry at 300,000,000 and it is working fine now...

It would be nice if Adobe gave an error message rather than a broken thumbnail...  I'm sure that they could do this with far less effort than the aggravation it has given me...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2018 Dec 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Do you see the broken thumbnail on importing the media in Organizer or only after editing it?

Please look a this article and see if this fixes your issue: Troubleshooting image corruption errors on Windows

Also, could you please let me know:

1. RAM in your system.

2. Size of the image in pixels which has a broken thumbnail.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images import fine, it is after editing then that I get the broken thumbnail.

I have an HP i7 Envy 17" laptop 7500 at 2.70GHz, 16 MB of ram installed.

Images start around 5 - 9 MB and are saved around 2.4 to 5 MB and 12000x8000

not familiar with pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far I can tell my system is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what its worth, any image I have up to about 80MP displays fine, once I go above that (yours is 96MB), the icon displays cracked, and the image does not show up in the Organizer. However you can view and edit it in Editor just fine (or any other viewer)

I and others have posted on numerous times on the idiosyncratic manner that PSE Organizer handles JPG files that other non Adobe viewers and the Editor have no problems with.

Anyone can try this (and please report back if you get a good thumbnail in organizer for a ~ 96MB file) with any file by resizing the image such that it is similar size as the OP, or about 12k by 8k pixels. This large image will open just fine in the Editor, and even in Windows Photo Viewer, but NOT in the Organizer. Even the thumbnail will be "broken".

Its not you, its PSE Organizer. Resize it to smaller dimensions (<80mb) and it will show up fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try this:

1) Open the Elements Organizer 2019.

2) Select all the images by pressing CTRL + A.

3) Then click on the Edit menu on the top >> Update thumbnail.

4) This might take some time depending on the number of pictures you have in your Elements Organizer.

5) Once the blue bar completes to the end, check the thumbnails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piyushc,

Did you try your suggestion on a large file 96MP (12000x8000) like MichaelC?

I did, and it did absolutely nothing. The thumbnail went to a square for a second and then reverted back to the cracked icon.

As I mentioned, its not just the thumbnail, but Organizer itself cannot handle/open large files, and its not a user configuration problem, because the same large file opens just fine in the Editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C z,

I just tried the high-resolution image (12000x8000 pixels), edited it and then saved it using the Photoshop Elements editor. Then checked the image on the Elements Organizer and I got the broken thumbnail. I am afraid, however, it's true that higher resolution images do not tend to open up in Elements Organizer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the file size; it's the image size.  I created a 5"x7" collage in PhotoShop.  Saved it using several different levels of quality until the file was 28MB.  The file still would not load in Organzier.  

THEN...I resized the image from 5"x7" to 3"x4.2" (kept the ratio the same).  WHOOP PING...Organizer gave me a good thumbnail and I was able to print the two 5x7 per page I wanted to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it seems to be the resolution, more than the file size.

I had 800 pixels resolution and the cracked thumbnail, taking it to 600 fixed it.

Changing the jpg quality on the 800 pixel file had no effect even thought the filesize was smaller than the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND IT 🙂

It is a size limit in the organizer-

Maximum image size limits in Photoshop Elements

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/maximum-image-size-limits-photoshop.html

I added the registry entry at 300,000,000 and it is working fine now...

It would be nice if Adobe gave an error message rather than a broken thumbnail...  I'm sure that they could do this with far less effort than the aggravation it has given me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@LowB44 

It's not the file size; it's the image size.  I created a 5"x7" collage in PhotoShop.  Saved it using several different levels of quality until the file was 28MB.  The file still would not load in Organzier.  

THEN...I resized the image from 5"x7" to 3"x4.2" (kept the ratio the same).  WHOOP PING...Organizer gave me a good thumbnail and I was able to print the two 5x7 per page I wanted to.

See the correct answer:

The issue is to display a thumbnail of a big sized file. Another easy solution is to open the file in the editor (the thumbnail is not displayed but you can open the file). Then you flatten it if necessary and resize it to a very small size (to fit your screen) and you save it in a version set with the original. That's this 'top of version set' you'll see when browsing in the media space of the organizer. No need to fiddle with the registry or to create a slightly reduced copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines