• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2019 PLACE TAGS NOT ADDING or SEQUENCING PROPERLY

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to PSE 2019 and, after a lot of effort have succeeded in getting my medial folder structure and my Keyword, Place, People and Events tags visible.  I have hit 2 problems:

1. When I try to add a new place tag for a small town/village, the place is identified; I click 'Done', but the place does nt appear in the Places list. It works for larger towns.

2. When I add a larger town and click /Done' the new location doesn't show in the usual folder sequence of: country, county, town, etc, but they show in a separate place in the overall 'Places' sequence. How can I get the hierarchical sequence  restored?

Grateful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Dear All,

After an hour in chat on-line with Adobe, it transpires that the new place tagging system will only take 3 credentials, the old one in 2018 (pre the loss of Google) took more.  This means that the 3 elements can be Country/State/Place for USA; Country/Depatrement/Place for france, etc.  However for the UK, England, Scotland and Wales are taken as separate countries, so we can only get Country (UK)/Country (England)/Place.  This means hundres of UK places in 3 long lists (England, Scotla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to my posting above.  For the UK, towns are not grouped by County as they should be, but are shown as  just one long list of 'towns'.  For Scotland, no counties are shown, but the towns are listed under Scotland.  For Wales, sometimes the county is shown and sometimes it is not, but  the towns are listed under Wales.

Also, to list a UK town, you need to select the option with the 'double' town name.  For instance 'Harlech'  from the list of new places doesn't work, but selecting 'Harlech, Harlech .....' does.

The system works for the USA (shows the state) and for France (shows the departement).

There is a weakness or an error in the 2019 Places coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear All,

After an hour in chat on-line with Adobe, it transpires that the new place tagging system will only take 3 credentials, the old one in 2018 (pre the loss of Google) took more.  This means that the 3 elements can be Country/State/Place for USA; Country/Depatrement/Place for france, etc.  However for the UK, England, Scotland and Wales are taken as separate countries, so we can only get Country (UK)/Country (England)/Place.  This means hundres of UK places in 3 long lists (England, Scotland, Wales) and you can't get rid of the 'subordinate' country (England, Scotalnd or Wales) to group by county under 'UK'.  What happens after BREXIT, I wonder?

Not all change is progress. And I can't find a way to move these Geotagged places to common or garden Keyword tags.

Really very disappointed.  I can't even email Adobe because that facility is not available under Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines