Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2019 Video catalog duplicates

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I import video files [mp4] into PSE 2019 Organiser, everything seems to work fine. I can add tags, etc and everything seems to work as it should.

However, at a later date, when I go back into Organiser, it has spilt the single catalog entry up into several seemingly identical entries, aside from the video length, so it appears that instead of one video of say, 5 minutes, I now have 15 or more videos of several seconds each - all with the same file name and details. If In play any of these, lets call them sub-videos, in Organiser, it will just play the few seconds of that clip.

The file itself is unaffected, it is only the catalog entires which are screwed.

See imagesorg 1.jpgorg 2.jpg

I can delete the catalog entires and reload the video file media, but evebntually the same thing seems to happen. This is affecting nearly all of my video files.

I am using

Elements Organizer 17.0.0.0
Core Version: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)
Language Version: 17.0 (20180830.m.125874)

System:
Operating System Name: Windows 10
Operating System Version: 10.0
System Architecture: Intel CPU Family:6 Model:14 Stepping:11 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2

Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

What you are seeing is "video scenes" that have been created, probably in Premiere Elements.  If you right click on one of the stacks, you will see the following entry in the context menu which allows you to expand and contract the stack of scenes (a scene group).  I know of no way to turn off the creation of the scenes, but you can delete them in the Organizer.  If you don't delete the video file when deleting the scene, you can re-import the file and it will return to the grid without being sc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you are seeing is "video scenes" that have been created, probably in Premiere Elements.  If you right click on one of the stacks, you will see the following entry in the context menu which allows you to expand and contract the stack of scenes (a scene group).  I know of no way to turn off the creation of the scenes, but you can delete them in the Organizer.  If you don't delete the video file when deleting the scene, you can re-import the file and it will return to the grid without being scene detected.  It's a big annoyance that I believe has been eliminated in Elements 2020 (but I'm not sure about that).  You may want to ask about it in the Premiere Elements forum.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.03.04_18h02m58s_001_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, thanks for that. It's still annoying, but less so now!

I'll check out 2020 as you advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines