Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 crash and freeze all the time

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had PSE 14 for several years and it worked fast and without any problems.Downloaded PSE 2020 and it freezes and crashes all the time.Wont even select a photo in organizer without freezing.Even moving from Organizer to Editor mode takes about 5 minutes or just crashes completely.

I have cleaned up my computer to free up space but  still unusable.

Cant understand why my previous PSE worked perfectly and only a problem since upgrading.The PSE2020 file size is actually smaller than previous versions so space isn’t an issue.Any help appreciated because at the moment it’s unusable.Wished I had stayed with the old version.🙁

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a windows pc? Did you check the eventlos (system and application). 

Usually there´s an error message when an application crashes. It might tell what process caused the crash and why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with photoshop 2020. It freezes as soon as it opens.  My laptop is a dell xps 9570 32GB ram and gtx 1050i graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact Laptop Dell XPS 9570 and I've been unable to use Adobe Photoshop 2020 after the recent update. It freezes on startup and there's no way to fix it. This is really bad. Adobe should test their softwares before pushing out such an unstable update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem on the XPS 15 9560. I also tried the cleaner tool without luck.

Update: I found a solution. When the graphics processor is manually assigned in the Nvida Graphics Control panel, it works...also when changing it back to the "auto" setting...strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but these are too many instructions to follow. Adobe needs to test it's softwares before pushing out new releases. we don't pay this much money for buggy softwares. I have been really disappointed with adobe....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same with 2020. Going back to version 6, at least it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines