• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 crash when print

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed PSE 2020. When attempting the print an image the application crashes. The print dialog never appears. I have tried rebooting the computer, and tried both jpeg and psd images. I have submitted the crash reports for each crash. I can print from other applications, I loaded the same jpeg image into Windows Paint and succesfully printed it. I do not have issues printing from any other applications to either of my printers (HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 and Canon Selphy CP1200). Computer is Dell Insperion 3650, Windows 10 Home, Intel i5-6400 2.7 GHz, 8GB RAM.

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not one of the geniuses here but you might try Edit>preferences>General, then select "Reset preferences on next launch". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phinny, Thank you for the suggestion, I just tried this and no change. I reset the preferences, closed PSE, restarted it, and it still crashes when attempting to print. The print dialog never appears. As a workaround I am doing any edits, saving the image, then opening the image in another program to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try installing latest Windows update on your machine. It seems there is some print issue which got fixed in latest Windows update(KB4517389 - OS Build 18362.418).

Please refer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517389  for more information.

Please let me know if the issue persists after Windows update.

Thanks,

Rupali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rupali,

Windows Update resolved the issue, thank you! It turns out my computer had a pending update that required an update, this must have just occured becuase I restarted the computer 2 days ago. Printing is working normally now.

Debbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines