Highlighted

PSE 2020 deactivate "Freistellungsempfehlungen"

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I bought PSE 2020, and I'm quite happy with it. But I think the "Freistellungsempfehlungen" (I don't know the English word) is one of the most stupid and needless feature I ever saw.

Is there anyway to deactivate the "Freistellungsempfehlungen"?

Reinhart

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PSE 2020 deactivate "Freistellungsempfehlungen"

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I bought PSE 2020, and I'm quite happy with it. But I think the "Freistellungsempfehlungen" (I don't know the English word) is one of the most stupid and needless feature I ever saw.

Is there anyway to deactivate the "Freistellungsempfehlungen"?

Reinhart

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 24, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question isn't crystal clear.  You may be referring to the welcome screen, also known as the hub, which others have also expressed a dislike for.  You might pin Editor and Organizer to the task bar separately (or create shortcuts) and stop using the hub icon to launch them.  Hope that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is this feature in the editor:

Freistellung.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if there's a way to turn those suggestions off or not.  I've never seen this question asked before, rherder.  Maybe someone else can be more helpful.  Thanks for the screen shot.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the crop pre-selection suggestions.

You can turn it off in your preferences.

Edit >> preferences >> general - untick 'enable crop pre-selection' (It's the last option).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vorauswahl.JPG

@MichelBParis, I'm afraid to say there is no change. (of course I restarted PSE)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 25, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis,

can you give me an answer to my last post?

Thank you,

Reinhart

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinhart,

Thanks for reminding me about this issue.

Before my previous answer I had tested the preference, and I was sure it worked. But after your last post, I checked that the preference did not work. I wanted to further test the issue, which implied deleting all preferences. I then forgot to test, sorry.

Now, I don't want to spend too much time on the issue. The reason is that this bug has absolutely no negative effect on my workflow. I have always ignored the suggestions and recommended to avoid moving the mouse over the suggestions.

Showing the suggestion does not slow down in the least my workflow.

The tool panel is what it is, it takes too much space depending on your screen resolution. That leaves much screen space free and it seems Adobe has decided to use this space to show they were able to help new users, which are the new market target. I don't mind if Elements has a number of such beginners tools, provided Adobe keep the serious tools and sell enough PSE licenses to continue to support it. Remember they easily could do without it, the profit is in the subscriptions softwares.

Most of the time, I don't use the crop tool. I use the crop option in ACR or the rectangular marquee tool followed by Image >> crop. Cropping in ACR (I also process jpegs in ACR) is non-destructive, you can save a custom crop and you save time by editing batches at the same time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions is covered briefly at the 7:00 minute timeline in this crop tool video which may not sound too interesting all by itself (it isn't) but the rest of the 13 minute video was.  In fact, I don't think it would have been any more interesting even if David Attenborough had narrated it.  I could be wrong about that part.  😃 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MichelBParis

thank you so much for your informations in detail. The conclusion is that you can not turn off the crop pre-selection suggestions. I understand that this tool is made for beginners, but why do we have prefences? And furthermore, bugs can be fixed and published in an update.

Anyway, I will get along with it.

Reinhart

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 27, 2020 0