• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 Organizer PLACES Question.

Advocate ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little over a month ago I installed PSE 2020 on my Windows 10 Pro PC. I imported my meager 8,000 photos into the Organizer and all has gone well since.

This morning I looked at the PLACES tab and zoomed in to the area where I live and travel. I noticed that several locations that I'd taken photos at did not show on the map. It occurred to me that those photos were taken with my Canon DSLR camera that does NOT have GPS.

So, I used a program called GeoSetter to add the geolocation data to the photo files. It has a map where I can pinpoint the location and add the location coordinates to the photo file. I added GPS data to several hundred photos.

After I did that I opened the Organizer PLACES tab but the photos I added the GPS data to still did not show on the map! I had to delete those photos from the catalog and re-import them before they would show up on the map.

Is there a better way to have the Organizer "refresh" or "re-read" its image data?

Walter

--
Walter in Davie, FL
TOPICS
How to , Organizer , Problem or error , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Elements Organizer reads media data during import, that is the reason the GPS data added externally by you was not visible on the already present media in the catalog.

However, you can use Elements Organizer itself for adding GPS data to all your media.

If the photos that you import don't have GPS information, you can associate the imported photos with places on the map by a simple drag-and-drop or by searching for the places.

You can also associate videos with places on the map by drag-and-drop or by searching for the place.

Please refer to the below link for further details:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/elements-organizer/using/adding-places.html

Thanks,

Priyanshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Priyanshi! I've tried using the Search on the Places tab - it does not find many of the locations I searched for. One of the places I searched for is pinpointed on the map, but a search does NOT find it.

That's a very good article that you provide the link to. I'll give it a thorough read later today. Maybe I can make it work.

Thanks again!

Walter

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways in which media file information can be changed (IMHO) more easily and more specifically than through PSE.  There are some tools that are better/faster/more function rich than PSE. I don't mean to open a debate here.

But, the original question was, is there a way to force the Orrganizer to 'refresh' the media file information that it stores in its database?

Thanks,

-ceej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK- I hate to bring up such an old thread, but was searching for exactly this same answer. Finally found it in a totally unrelated post.  Select the photo(s) that you added GPS data to, right click, then choose update thumbnails. Pics now show up on Places. Probably too late for you, but hopefully will help someone else in the future...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@mkinsocal

You are correct about the "update thumbnail" feature. I stumbled across that solution shortly after I made the original post.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines