• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 - ScanGear Software for Better Scanning

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time user of PSE and just upgraded from PSE9 to PSE2020 running Windows 10.  My scanner is a CanoScan9000F Mark ii.  Running the scanner with PSE9, I would select "File" then "Import" and get a list of my scanners attached, including the 9000F.  Selecting the 9000F brought up a detailed scanning screen of ScanGear software that allowed many, many custom settings for scanning.  I've downloaded the most recent version of ScanGear from the Canon website and installed it on my computer.  However, when I select "File" then "Import" I get a block titled "WIA support ...".  That gives me the option of choosing the 9000F, which I do, but I then get a very simplistic set of controls for scanning, probably the default with PSE2020.  Any suggestions on how I can get my ScanGear screen back when I select the 9000F scanner?  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020
The discussion you mention definitely helps me understand the options. I'm disappointed that Adobe structured the newer PSE versions so they can't take advantage of TWAIN devices; ScanGear is far superior to the choices in PSE.

With some digging, I found the Canon IJ Scan Utility that's free to download. It includes several simple scan options (similar to PSE) but also includes the full ScanGear option. I suspect I'll launch this Canon utility, save the photos to a folder and open them in PSE for...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this dated discussion helps answer your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The discussion you mention definitely helps me understand the options. I'm disappointed that Adobe structured the newer PSE versions so they can't take advantage of TWAIN devices; ScanGear is far superior to the choices in PSE.

With some digging, I found the Canon IJ Scan Utility that's free to download. It includes several simple scan options (similar to PSE) but also includes the full ScanGear option. I suspect I'll launch this Canon utility, save the photos to a folder and open them in PSE for editing.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  It's very disappointing Adobe are doing this.  The Canon Scangear interface is great, and worked really well in previous PSE versions until the current version which says it is TWAIN compliant but then doesn't work properly.  All you get in PSE is a WIA interface which is really dumbed down and useless.  It doesn't even allow you to scan more than one image or document at a time!  I just bought a new laptop, new version of PSE, and new a Canon LiDE 400 scanner.  I'm very disappointed in Adobe's attitude to scanning within PSE.  If someone buys a dedicated scanner, they obviously want good control over all scanner settings.  So Adobe shouldn't treat us as though we're uninformed customers who just want to press a button and accept whatever we get from a scanner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I'd pin my hopes on this TWAIN Direct initiative but it does sound interesting.  I know nothing more about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines