• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2020 updater keeps getting stuck

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any ideas how to push thru the update? i installed elements 2020 from disk, and it keepstrying to update, but it gets stuck. 66% the 1st time, 70% the 2nd timed showing 4-6 minutes left for 45+ minutes. Are there any links to direct download the updates? the update page only has 'use the update tool under the help menu"

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Could you please check and try again, the updates for 2020.2 were released on the previous day itself.

It might be the case that when you were trying to update 2020.1, the upload of 2020.2 was in progress and was the reason it was failing.

In case if it still fails, Please let me know.

Release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

I hope you have been able to update the application successully.

Just in case if you are still facing the problem, you can also download the full installer and install the latest version of PSE 2020 from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/photoshop-elements-downloads.html

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used PS Elements 2020 heavily on my iMac running OS 11.6 Big Sur (ever since I first purchased in 2019). It was working yesterday (10-20-21). I shut my computer down overnight and today it crashed on startup every time I tried to open PS. Uninstlled the app. I tried reinstalling it from the original DMG and the installation stalled out. I downloaded the app from the Adobe account, installed it from that new DMG. It installed okay and opened, but said I needed to update it. I said to update. 

The update got stuck at 56% for over half an hour. I quit the updater and tried to start the installed version. Got the "You have a new update! dialogue box again. This time, instead of clicking "Install Now," I clicked "Install on Exit," and then exited. The updater started, but froze again, this time at 74%. 

I have nothing else running on this machine except Safari logged into Adobe while trying to do this install.

I see your answer to Melissa above. Do I need to use the same link that hyou provided to her? And if so, do I need to first uninstall the version on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the purchased version of Elements 2020, did you try to download the installer directly from Adobe.com?

The installer should be a light weight installer of around 4-5 MB, and should install the latest updated version of 2020.

Regards

Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I downloaded the app from my account on adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines