• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSE 2021: can I delete Creative Cloud app?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased and installed PSE 2021 (an app I've use in many versions, going back many years). Apparently, the Adobe Creative Cloud app was downloaded and installed at the same time. It has slowed my machine to a crawl, and is continuously running processess in the background, apparently thinking I want to use lots of Creative Cloud apps. 

When I tried to uninstall CC, it warned me that I would lose access to all my Adobe products. I'm guessing this doesn't include PSE, since it is a stand-alone purchase.

Can I uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud app without harming Photo Shope Elements 2021?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Performance , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a discussion on this topic in another forum:

https://photoshopelementsandmore.com/thread/7311/creative-cloud-photoshop-elements-2021?page=3

See also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html?red=a

I don't believe at all that the Creative App is the source of the slowing of your computer, there are many other possible and known reasons like the automatic features in Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I see that I must keep the CC app. I have several cloud services already (5 Tb worth!), plus an additional backup to Amazon S3, so I don't need the free backup. There is no chance I will be moving to Photoshop or any other Adobe product. Indeed, I only use PSE for a few specific tasks.

Oh well!

I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can see in the other discussion, some have tested removing the CC App successfully. It's your choice;  the advantages are not decisive for all. I can't know myself because I have it already installed with Photoshop, Lightroom Classic and Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question - can't delete CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lapoint1207 

The link to the tool to uninstall the CC app has been given in my first link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html?red=a

There seems it does work, but the discussion continues to make the consequences clearer.

So, did you read the full discussion and try the uninstall process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

Have you tried closing Creative Cloud and other processes that are running. Does that help to bring back the expected performance of your system? 

Regards
Vipin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud app apeared when I used the online installer for Premier and photoshop elements 2021.  I didn't like it as it was mostly a sales gimmic.  Two days later I uninstalled CC, photoshop, and premier elements, downloaded the offline installers for both products, and reinstalled both.  Hurray, NO CREATIVE CLOUD!!!  Don't miss it a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob, where did you find the offline installers? I've downloaded 3.9gb .dmg files for my mac but the installer still adds CC which I feel is a PUP (potentially unwanted program) as well as an annoyance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines